...with apologies to Wally Lamb, whose book by the same title I haven't read - but my husband was reading it at around the same time I started this blog, and it seemed appropriate...

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Provisional Approval

We received an email from our USCIS officer letting us know that she was approving our I800 application effective yesterday (May 9th), and that the National Visa Center should have our file by the beginning of next week.  From there, our information will be forwarded electronically by the end of next week to the U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou.  Once the consulate has our information, we should receive travel approval about 6 weeks later.

I'm relying a lot on incredibly detailed charts kept by amazingly conscientious and tech-savvy adoptive parents who painstakingly record timing stats submitted by the rest of us, who sit anxiously by hanging on every approval (whether it's ours or someone else's).  The funny part is, it's pretty darn close to what our agency has been telling us all along - we'll travel 11-15 weeks after our I800 was sent.  It's looking more and more like mid-July! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm so happy for you! And I'm so happy to HAVE you to share this journey with. I'm living vicariously through you all for the time being, knowing that we will hopefully be just a few months behind you in this journey. Thank you so much for all the support and the words of encouragement. After all we've been through, both of our families deserve these little girls, and I can't wait to meet yours! (electronically, at first at least...)

    ReplyDelete