...with apologies to Wally Lamb, whose book by the same title I haven't read - but my husband was reading it at around the same time I started this blog, and it seemed appropriate...

Friday, July 8, 2011

And we're off!

We're starting a slow descent as we near Seattle.  The spectacular scenery reminds me how beautiful the western part of the United States is, and how we need to travel out here with the kids someday.  So far, the traveling has been easy, Tom and I have been able to catch a few much-needed winks, and I'm trying to get used to *not* having kids tagging along - at least for the next couple of days.  (The benefits of this became delightfully clear to me at the Atlanta airport, where we breezed through security without a stitch of baby gear to collapse and cram into the X-ray machine, and when I ordered lunch in less than one minute without consulting anyone and didn't care a whit whether there was any fruit included with said lunch.)

It was hard to leave the boys, though.  Very, very hard.  A few tears were shed as our plane departed Atlanta.  Hopefully the time will pass quickly for all of us, and I know the boys will have a great time with their grandparents.

Next post will be from China!

1 comment:

  1. AAAHHHH!!! I'm so excited I just can't stand it!! I can't wait to see the photos of you holding Ellie! My prayers are with you all over the coming days -- I'll be thinking of you often. SOOOO EXCITED!!!!

    ReplyDelete