...with apologies to Wally Lamb, whose book by the same title I haven't read - but my husband was reading it at around the same time I started this blog, and it seemed appropriate...

Monday, April 18, 2011

Got it!

We have our I800A approval!!!  (Also inexplicably known as an I797 - don't you just love the government?)  Our agency will let us know what to do next - so now I'm waiting by the phone, which is a little more convenient than waiting by the mailbox.  :)

Our agency's official estimate is that we will travel in 11 to 15 weeks.  The word on the street, however, is that it probably will be a little sooner than that - maybe 8 to 10 weeks.  Yippee!!! 

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! I've been checking here a few of times through the day today, hoping you'd post good news. How exciting is it to know that in less than four months, you will have your little girl home?! I'm so excited for you! Now, go get backing! (Are you bringing the boys with you? We've been in discussions about that around here...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops -- that was supposed to say, "packing." Oy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mary! We're excited to move forward just a little bit more. Our boys are staying here - the grandparents are taking turns staying with them. We pretty much decided from the beginning that we wouldn't bring them along. It's a personal decision for each family, but knowing our kids (and knowing ourselves) it seems best for our boys to stay home.

    ReplyDelete