...with apologies to Wally Lamb, whose book by the same title I haven't read - but my husband was reading it at around the same time I started this blog, and it seemed appropriate...

Sunday, April 10, 2011

They must have forgotten...

... at the USCIS that yesterday was my birthday and I was supposed to receive an I800A approval as a gift.  :)  Oh well - Uncle Sam did come through for us with a functioning government, so at least the next phase of our paperwork won't be delayed.  (For the first time in my life, I was really sweating a potential government shutdown.  So that was good news to wake up to on my birthday, and I will keep this blog free of any political rants regarding the budget situation.)

So I will be checking the mailbox frequently this week, and once we receive our I800A approval and get our I800 application off to the USCIS (which will be very quick - it's already filled out and waiting at our agency's office to be sent FedEx), we will then have about a 12-week wait to travel to China.  Maybe less.   

1 comment:

  1. We were emailing yesterday and I didn't even wish you happy birthday -- I'm sorry! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I'm sure your present will come this week!

    ReplyDelete