...with apologies to Wally Lamb, whose book by the same title I haven't read - but my husband was reading it at around the same time I started this blog, and it seemed appropriate...

Thursday, April 14, 2011

A trisket, a trasket...

... a liner for her basket!

I had to give a little plug for my new online friend Stacey, who owns an Etsy business called "StitchesAPlenty"  You can find her products here.  I contacted Stacey this past Saturday, the day after we chose Ellie's name, to see if we could get an Easter basket liner for her like the ones we have for the boys.  (The boys' liners were purchased from Pottery Barn Kids, but when I looked on their site I found they only had plain white ones left - two weeks before Easter.)  I think Stacey's are even prettier than PB's - at about the same price.  (The basket in this photo is just a demo - we'll  need to get a basket that's more "Easter-y".)  So visit Stacey's Etsy site if you're in need of a handmade gift.  She does great work.  It'll be nice to have a basket here for Ellie on Easter Sunday. 

We're still anxiously awaiting the arrival of our I800A approval.  I spoke on Monday with the USCIS officer who has been assigned to our application.  She had our file on her desk, and hoped to finish approving it by mid-week.  So for now I have stopped stalking the mailman, but we hopefully will have our approval notice late this week or early next.  Then we are on to the next round of immigration paperwork, and we can estimate our travel at around 12 weeks after getting the I800A.  It will be a busy summer!

1 comment:

  1. Come this time next week, you should continuing on with 797 in hand! That's GREAT! (Fabulous basket liner, by the way -- I will check out your friend's site because I'm a true Etsy junkie. Just looking at that name makes my heart go pitty-patt.)

    ReplyDelete